Recipe: Loaded Cauliflower Nachos
A healthy, meat-free alternative to a crowd-pleaser. This delicious, spiced mix can also be topped on rice for a easy, Mexican bowl or dial down the heat if you're serving to little ones.
Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 1 small cauliflower, trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 bottle Birch & Waite Maple Mustard Apple Cider Dressing & Marinade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, deseed and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 avocado, destoned and sliced
- Coriander leaves, Lime wedges, hot sauce and corn chips, to serve
Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Add cauliflower florets, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of the Birch & Waite Maple Mustard Apple Cider Dressing & Marinade to a bowl. Toss and mix gently.
Spread marinated cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes until caramelized. Remove from oven and onto a serving platter.
Mix tomatoes, onion, chilli, coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl to make the salsa.
Top roasted cauliflower with salsa, black beans, grilled corn and avocado.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Drizzle hot sauce and extra Birch & Waite dressing. Serve with lime wedges and corn chips.