Rice paper rolls
• 260g dried rice vermicelli
• 8 16cm round rice paper wrappers
• 8 medium butter lettuce leaves, washed
• 8 large cooked king prawns, peeled, de-veined and sliced in half lengthways
• 24 fresh mint leaves
• 1 small Fuyu (crisp) persimmon, sliced
• 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
• 24 fresh coriander leaves
• 1 tbs Japanese rice vinegar
• 4 tbs hoisin sauce
• 1 tbs unsalted peanuts (or almonds), roughly chopped
- Prepare rice vermicelli as per packet instructions, drain well.
- Combine all sauce ingredients for dipping.
- Place one rice sheet in warm water until just softened, remove from water and place on a clean, damp tea towel.
- Lay a lettuce leaf over the wrapper, top with two pieces of prawn horizontally, three mint leaves, a little persimmon, cucumber, rice vermicelli and three coriander leaves.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over the filling, fold one side in, roll up tightly. Keep rolls under damp cloth while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Serve with dipping sauce.