It’s time to celebrate: Cinemas are back
With EVENT Cinemas opening back up at the start of July, it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of a comfy chair, freshly popped popcorn and a new movie release. From a chick flick and cocktail with the girls to everyone's favourite date night out, here are the perfect combos to help you plan your next cinema trip, complete with the restaurants to match.
EVENT Cinemas Manukau have some great promotions on to welcome you back! From cheap Tuesdays, Chick Picks, special food offers to $5 weekly movie ticket deals*!
Whether you’re looking for a first date idea or in need of some quality time with your partner, a candle-lit dinner at your favourite restaurant complemented by a new release is the perfect option (and one that has been off the cards for a while now).
After dinner head to EVENT Cinemas to grab yourselves a choc top for dessert and head on in to view one of these new releases:
-The High Note:__ Set in the dazzling world of the LA music scene comes the story of Grace Davis, a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights. Maggie is Grace's overworked personal assistant who's stuck running errands, but still aspires to her childhood dream of becoming a music producer.
- The Invisible Man:Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding,
Lunch with the girls
What’s better than lunch with the girls? A chick flick to follow. Perhaps even keep the food and wine flowing and upgrade to Gold Class. Here are the latest the girls will love:
- Love Sarah: now showing– A young woman wishes to fulfil her mother’s dream of opening her own bakery in Notting Hill, London. To do this, she enlists the help of an old friend and her grandma.
- The Broken Hearts Club: in cinemas 16 July- A 20-something art gallery assistant living in New York City, who also happens to be an emotional hoarder gets dumped by her latest boyfriend and is then inspired to create The Broken Heart Gallery.
Family night out:
For the ultimate family night out, you can’t beat the trusty combination of dinner and a crowd-pleasing new release.
Leave the entertaining to the big screen - popcorn for them, plus downtime for you, everyone wins. Welcome to the latest and greatest kids’ releases:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: now showing- Live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centres on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound human best friend.
- Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs: now showing- Princes who have been turned into Dwarfs seek the red shoes of a lady in order to break the spell, although it will not be easy. A parody with a twist.
Best cinema parking:
Enter via Event Cinemas entrance, located across from The Coffee Club.
View more parking details here.