Pesto lamb caprese pizza
Capr-easy your way to midweek meal heaven with this pesto lamb caprese pizza.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 200g lamb steak, sliced finely
- 1 large pizza base
- 100g pesto
- 150g baby mozzarella/ bocconcini 150g large heirloom tomatoes, sliced thinly or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bunch basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Place base on a pizza stone or tray and spread pesto evenly all over, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Evenly place tomato slices all over pizza ensuring topping in each slice.
- Toss lamb slices in salt, pepper and a little oil, then scatter evenly over pizza.
- Place bocconcini evenly over pizza.
- Put pizza into the oven and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until crustis browned, cheese has melted, and lamb is just cooked. 7. Scatter fresh basil all over to serve.
- Either lamb leg or lamb loin cuts would also work perfectly for this recipe.
- Get creative with toppings and work with what you’ve got in the fridge or cupboard.
- You can either make your own pizza base on the weekend and freeze or buy premade in the supermarket.
By 2016 Masterchef winner Elena Duggan for Australian Lamb