Recipe: Delcado Fish Souvlaki & Tzatziki
There is something heavenly about grilled seafood over the BBQ when it's sun's out. This fish souvlaki recipe is no exception, served with creamy Delcado avocados, tzatziki, alongside tangy yoghurt, garlic, cucumber and mint. This tzatziki also makes a great dip with some crisp pita and fresh vegetables.
Prep/cook time: 1 hour
Serves: Makes 8 skewers, serves 4
800kg firm white fish, such as link, hake, swordfish or monkfish
2 tsp dried oregano
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Flake salt, fresh ground black pepper
1 Delcado avocado
1 cup natural Greek-style yoghurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Lebanese cucumber, grated, excess juice squeezed
1-2 tbsp white vinegar
1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
To serve, 1 Delcado avocado, sliced
Picked fresh parsley, mint, coriander
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
½ small red onion, sliced
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Cut the fish into 3cm pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the oregano, garlic, olive oil and the zest of the lemon in a small bowl, pour over the fish and season well with salt and pepper. Mix to marinate the fish and set aside.
- Slice the lemon in half lengthways then each half into thin slices, to thread in between the fish.
- Onto each skewer, thread one piece of fish followed by a slice of lemon folded in half then fish, lemon, fish, so you have three pieces of fish on each skewer.
- Place these onto a plate and into the fridge while you make the Delcado tzatziki.
- Scoop the flesh of the Delcado into a bowl and crush with a fork. Stir through the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, and mint. Season well and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Preheat a BBQ, or grill plate, over a high heat. Add the skewers and cook for
approximately 5 minutes, turning regularly to cook evenly.
In a small bowl, mix the herbs, cucumber, and onion and lightly season to create a herby salad.
Spoon some Delcado tzatziki onto the pita, top with the fish skewer, some herb salad, and a thin slice of extra Delcado. Season with a squeeze of lemon and crack of black pepper – delicious!
Tip: Store any leftover Delcado tzatziki in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
It’s a tasty dip with veggie sticks or toasted pita.