Recipe: Eggs Benedict with bacon & spinach
One of the trickier parts of making Eggs Benedict is getting the Hollandaise just right. Birch & Waite's Hollandaise Sauce makes creating the café favourite at home much simpler than having to make this sauce from scratch," says chef Tom Walton.
- 1 packet
- of Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
- 8 slices bacon or ham
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 English muffins
- Unsalted butter, to butter the muffins
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- A few sprigs dill
- Reheat the Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce according to packet instructions and keep warm.
- Bring a medium frying pan of water to a simmer and season with a pinch of salt and white vinegar.
- Place a second frying pan over a medium/high heat and add the bacon, cooking until caramelised, but not too crispy. Remove from the pan then return the pan to the heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add spinach to the pan with a little salt and pepper, cooking until the spinach is wilted then transfer to a paper towel lined bowl.
- Crack the eggs into 4 small bowls and gently pour into the simmering water, spaced apart. Allow to poach for 3 minutes then check for your desired doneness using a spoon to lift them up and gently press with your finger to check.
- Toast the muffins and lightly butter. Top each muffin half with 2 slices of bacon, spinach, a poached egg and a desired amount of warm Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce. Finish with chives and dill.
Authentic chef style Hollandaise Sauce is expertly blended with Australian egg yolk, dijon mustard and lemon juice for a deliciously creamy, indulgent finishing sauce. Spoon it over your eggs benedict to give your meal a gourmet finishing touch. Fresh chilled. Batch crafted in Australia.