Mango and haloumi salad
It's summer salad season and this mango and haloumi salad is one to add to the menu. With the perfect combination of sweet and salty and array of colours and flavours, this dish is the perfect side dish for your next BBQ.
Preparation: 10 mins + 15 marinating mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 Mangoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 80g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 1 small Calypso® Mango
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Pick up your mangoes and other fresh produce from Countdown, New World or PAK'nSAVE and before you know it you will be enjoying this delicious and refreshing salad.
- For the mango dressing, peel and dice the mango. Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, horseradish cream, chilli flakes and maple syrup in a bowl, season and whisk to combine. Add the mango and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the haloumi with oil and cook in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Remove to a plate.
Peel and slice the mangoes. Scatter the spinach leaves, mint and pine nuts over a large platter. Top with mango and haloumi. Spoon over the dressing and toss gently. Serve.