Recipe: Kanzi® apple and cinnamon bread
Recipe created by Kanzi® Apple
Prep time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 - 55 minutes
Kanzi® apple bread in all its glory with chunks of fresh apple, walnuts and pecans throughout and a cinnamon icing drizzle to finish.
Kanzi® apple and cinnamon bread
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1¾ cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoons bi-carb soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 medium-sized Kanzi apples peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Extra walnuts and pecans for the top
½ cup gluten-free icing sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4-5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a standard loaf tin. For easy lift out,
ensure the baking paper is higher than the tins edge.
2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a standard mixer until
light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and one egg at a time, beating
in-between until well combined. Scrape down the sides and base of the
bowl as needed.
3. Add the milk and beat further until combined.
4. In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking
powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ground clove.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix. Ensure the mixing speed is slow
to allow it to just come together. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Gently fold in the chopped nuts followed by ¾ of the diced Kanzi® apples.
7. Pour the batter out into the prepared tin and level out with a spatula.
8. Add the remaining diced Kanzi® apples and lightly push a few extra nuts
into the top. Finish by sprinkling with granulated sugar.
9. Bake in the oven for 50 - 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing from the tin.
11. To make the cinnamon icing; combine the sifted icing sugar and ground
cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually mix in the milk with a spatula until
you achieve a drizzle consistency that is not too runny. If it is, add a little
more icing sugar.
12. Once cooled, place the cake on a serving plate or a sheet of baking paper.
Drizzle the cinnamon icing over the top using a spoon, moving back and
forth quickly over the cake to create the desired drizzle effect.