Rose and pistachio pavlova recipe for summer entertaining
If you're entertaining guests this summer and looking for something different to serve on your dessert menu, give this pistachio pavlova a go. With a taste of rosewater and delicious pomegranate seeds, it's definitely something your guests will love.
- 4 egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon rosewater, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 50g pistachio, finely chopped, plus extra for decoration
- Whipped cream, pomegranate seeds and rose petals to serve
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form, then gradually add the sugar until all incorporated.
- Beat on medium-high until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the rosewater, lemon juice and pistachios, trying not to lose any air.
- Divide mixture into 6-8 pieces onto the prepared baking sheets, making rounds with slight peaks at the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 1 ½ hours. The pavlova should be hard on the outside and soft in the centre.
- Add whipped cream, pomegranate seeds and rose petals to serve.