Watermelon cake recipe: the easiest cake in the world to make
Want to make a cake but know that you’re not the next Betty Crocker? If baking isn’t for you but you’re looking to get creative in the kitchen, this watermelon cake is your answer. Trust us, it’s the easiest cake in the world to make. Not only does it not involve any baking, it’s also a healthy and fresh alternative to traditional cakes. It’s the perfect dessert to bring out when entertaining friends and family, especially as the weather warms up.
Here’s what you’ll need to pick up from the supermarket:
• Small to medium-sized watermelon
• Punnet of strawberries
• 1/3 cup raspberries
• 1/3 cup blueberries
• 2 peaches
• Whipped cream *optional if you want to add something sweet
- Begin by cutting off the top and bottom of the watermelon.
- With the watermelon sitting flat on the chopping board, begin vertically cutting the sides from top to bottom, removing the rind. Cut in sections and work your way around the entire watermelon.
- Once the rind has been removed, use a knife to round the edges of the watermelon that may look sharp. You should be left with a circular cake shape.
- Place your watermelon on a circular wood board and begin decorating.
- Halve your strawberries and place them around the bottom edge of the watermelon where it meets the board.
- Take your blueberries, raspberries and peaches and start to decorate the top of the watermelon by stacking them on top one another.
- If you want to add something sweet, try whipped cream on the top of the watermelon as the frosting base before adding your fruit.
And you’re done! This watermelon cake will be a definite crowd pleaser.