Recipe created by Tom Walton for Delcado Avocado
Plant driven deliciousness, the perfect meal for any day of the week or your weekend entertaining. Serve the cauliflower steaks with soft tortillas or lettuce cups for a flavourful vegetarian taco. You can also enjoy the Delcado salsa and herb crema with roast eggplant, fish or grilled chicken in place of the cauliflower. Pick up your ingredients from your local Westfield.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican seasoning
- 2 ripe Delcados, cut into small pieces
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch coriander, washed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice 3 limes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons jarred pickled jalapeno + juices (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice 1 lime
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 bunch coriander, washed, roughly chopped
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Stand the cauliflower up and cut vertically down into roughly four 1.5 cm steaks. Trim about 1 cm of the outside edges and be sure to handle gently.
- Place the steaks onto the baking tray, brush with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 – 20 minutes, until caramelised. Sprinkle the Mexican seasoning over the cauliflower 2 minutes before its ready, just to toast it, but so it doesn’t burn.
- While the cauliflower is cooking combine the ingredients for the herb crema in a blender to a smooth sauce.
- Combine the Delcados, grape tomatoes, onion, coriander, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and gently mix.
- Serve cauliflower steaks with the herb crema spooned over, top with the Delcado salsa and extra lime.