By Australian Passionfruit.
Makes: 20 – 25 truffles
Prep time: 10 mins + refrigeration
- 200 g good quality white chocolate
- 1/4 cup pure cream (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp, including seeds (3 – 4 fresh passionfruit)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- pinch sea salt
- 200 g shortbread biscuits, crushed
- 100 g white chocolate, extra
- toasted flaked almonds, lightly crushed
- toasted shredded coconut
- Finely chop 200g white chocolate. Warm cream in a heavy-based saucepan until it just starts to boil.
- Remove cream from heat, add chopped chocolate and stir once. Allow cream and chocolate to sit for one minute, then stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add passionfruit pulp, vanilla, salt, and crushed shortbread biscuits to pan with the chocolate. Stir well, then scrape warm mixture into a shallow dish and refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours until firm.
- Scoop the passionfruit chocolate onto a baking paper lined tray. Use clean hands to roll into balls. Refrigerate the formed truffles for 1 hour.
- Melt extra white chocolate (in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water) and drizzle over the cold truffles. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and coconut before the chocolate sets. Store truffles in a covered container in the refrigerator for up five days, serve at room temperature.