Recipe: Miso Lamb Cutlets
Try this family favourite with a delicious Asian twist. A fusion of flavour that will be sure to make mouths water.
Credit: Australian Lamb
8 lamb cutlets, frenched, fat trimmed
1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into wedges
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tbsp miso paste
1 ½ tbsp mirin (or lime juice)
80g baby rocket leaves
2 small pears of your choice, cored, thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
¾ tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
20g parmesan cheese, shaved
Chopped chives, to serve
Shop all your fresh ingredients at your local Westfield
- Lightly spray sweet potato with oil, season and cook in a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine half the oil, miso paste and mirin (or lime juice). Season and brush cutlets with the dressing.
- Reheat the same large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook cutlets, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine baby rocket, pears, celery and sweet potato. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, season and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts, parmesan and chives. Serve with lamb cutlets.
- Lamb loin chops or forequarter chops would also work well in this recipe.
- Slice up any leftover meat from the cutlets, add any leftover salad and wrap in Lebanese bread or pita pockets for a healthy lunch.
- Swap pear for peach or apple; swap walnuts for hazelnuts or almonds; swap parmesan for pecorino or goats’ cheese.