Recipe created by Lisa Holmen for Australian Onions.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
• 2 medium zucchini
• 1 brown onion, diced, plus extra to garnish
• 1/3 cup corn
• 1 cup tasty cheese
• ½ cup milk
• ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 cups plain flour
• 3 tbsp baking powder
• Pinch of paprika
• Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Grate the zucchini and place in a large colander. Use your hands or a dry cloth to squeeze as much water out of the zucchini as possible. Too much water will result in stodgy muffins.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl and add the onion, corn, cheese, milk, yoghurt and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Gradually add the rest of the dry ingredients to the wet mix and gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Fill the muffin tray to ¾ full then add a small onion wedge on top of each muffin and press to indent slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.