Apricot & almond energy slice recipe from PAK'nSAVE
Here's an easy lunchbox filler that'll give your little ones the right kind of energy! Find all the incrediants you need at PAK'nSAVE and if you're looking for some lunchbox inspiration, visit Smiggle for the funkiest designs around.
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup Chelsea Low GI Sugar (can be substituted for regular white sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Chelsea Golden Syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
- 1/4 cup coconut threads
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 20x20cm cake tin with baking paper.
Heat butter, Chelsea Low GI Sugar and Chelsea Golden Syrup in a saucepan and simmer until mixture is bubbly and sugar has dissolved.
Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well before pressing into the baking tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool in the tin, then cut slice into pieces.